Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yay! New Pens!

Got my order from JetPens today, and I'm totally excited. It also prompted a big pen-clear-out as I was growing out of my pen storage containers, and I couldn't bring myself to admit that I needed more. So I went through and tried out every pen I own to make sure they still write, and with the ones that didn't, I stuck them in the garbage, unless they had some huge amount of sentimental value. It felt a little sacrilegious to be throwing away pens, but I thought it was a step forward in decluttering my life, and freeing up space for the stuff, and pens, that really matter.

So I got these new pens - a bunch of Japanese Pilot pens that are all different, and I'm really digging on them. The ones I got are mostly needle points and really fine points - like .3mm - and I'm finding that they're really great for writing on scratchy paper, with really fine lines. And I think, though I'm not certain yet, that they make me write more carefully, because I'm afraid of breaking off the tip of the pen if I press down too hard.

I'll write some reviews on them soon, but for now, this was the package I got in the mail today and I'm oh-so-happy with pen-packages!

2 comments:

jb said...

Heather -- Being a pen & paper lover myself, I love your blog, but there's one little thing that's bugging the heck out of me. Stationery, as in pens & paper, is spelled with an "e." Stationary, with an "a", means something that doesn't move. So I'm really hoping you haven't bought "stationarygeek.com" yet, because that will be a site about a geek that doesn't move. Stationerygeek.com, on the other hand, would be very cool.

Heather Teysko said...

I am so embarrassed. One of my big petpeeves are people who don't know the difference between they're, there, and their. And here I've done it. I'm so blushing and hiding under my desk....

thanks for point it out.

Heather