Tuesday, March 04, 2008

On Notebooks and cats...

I have been journaling lately in a notebook that is scented. It's a lovely little pink volume, about 6 inches by 9 inches, and has wonderful scratchy pages and narrow lines so my writing is it's tip-top best, and it's scented of strawberries. I can understand the whole idea - scent can stimulate ideas and such - but this book smells like Strawberry Shortcake, and I'm not certain how much I like it.

It also drives the cats crazy. Sometimes they like to sit with me while I journal, which is a lovely purry ritual for us all, but this whole strawberry scent thing has them a little out of sorts. They don't know whether to hunt it, lick it, ignore it, or play with it.

So it's a fun thing to try, and I don't regret starting this notebook, but it's a bit much and I don't think I'll do it again. Scented stuff like that needs to be reserved for stickers and lip glosses.

No comments: