Sunday, January 11, 2009

Piedmont Stationary Store: Part 2
Back in April I visited the Piedmont Stationers in Oakland, and I loved it. It had this lovely musty smell, and had all kinds of fun and unique pens and notebooks and filofaxes. It was a very happy place. I found out yesterday that they are going out of business, which is not very happy news. I suppose there are too many Office Depot's around and in this economy not enough people are in the market for foreign pens. So if you can, please go out and buy a pen from your local stationary store to help keep them afloat in these difficult times. Pens are a fairly inexpensive indulgence that offer an entire world of possibility. As value for money, they can't be beat.
---
So I've been using my pens a lot lately because I've been doing The Artist's Way again. I have never actually completed the creativity self-help book, but I always get started, and do the Morning Pages - three pages every morning about whatever's in your head. It's really difficult for me to fill up three pages each morning. I wind up writing about the weather an awful lot. But I do find it comforting to hang out with my pen and paper for thirty minutes each morning.

No comments: